Christadelphians have been meeting in the heart of Sutton Coldfield since the 1940s.
Due to wartime travelling restrictions, a small group of Christadelphians decided to meet in Sutton Coldfield rather than join with hundreds of other members in central Birmingham. Their first meeting in Sutton was on the 21st October 1941. From 1941 to 1972, the Sutton Christadelphians rented a room in the Unionist Hall at 92 The Parade, in the centre of the town. In 1943, there were 16 members and the hall rental cost £1 a week!
Due to the redevelopment of The Parade, the Christadelphians moved to the Bedford Suite in the Town Hall for 12 months.
They then moved to the Fellowship Hall in South Parade for about four years.
During this time, the Sutton Christadelphians were looking for a property to purchase and in 1975, they found an old warehouse on Trinity Hill. After lots of hard work and enthusiasm, the warehouse was transformed into the meeting place you see today. The new building opened on November 3rd 1976 and 85 members were the first of a long line of Christadelphians who have enjoyed worshipping in our hall on Trinity Hill.