Our double celebration


Then: The Trinity Hill warehouse in 1975         Now: Christadelphian Hall in 2016

Our church in the heart of Sutton is celebrated two important milestones in 2016.

We marked 75 years of worship in the Royal Town and 40 years in our current hall.

Our history in Sutton Coldfield goes back to the 1940s and the Second World War. Due to wartime travelling restrictions, a small group of Christadelphians decided to meet in Sutton rather than join with hundreds of other members in central Birmingham.

Our first meeting in Sutton was on the 21st October 1941 and until 1972, we rented a room in the Unionist Hall at 92 The Parade. In 1943, there were 16 members and the hall rental cost £1 a week.

Due to the redevelopment of The Parade, we moved to the Town Hall’s Bedford Suite for 12 months and following this, moved to the Fellowship Hall in South Parade for about four years.

During this time, Sutton Christadelphians were looking for a property to purchase and in 1975 they found an old warehouse on Trinity Hill. After lots of hard work and enthusiasm, the warehouse was transformed into their meeting room. The renovated building opened on November 3rd 1976 and 85 members were the first of a long line of Christadelphians who have enjoyed worshipping, studying and socialising in the hall ever since.

Today we use our meeting room every day of the week for various activities such as youth club, coffee mornings, Sunday services and study classes, which members of the public are warmly invited to attend.

More photos of the hall renovation >

Come along >

Next Bible Talk...

when: 8:00pm, Tue 17th Jul
what: Bible Class more events »

Verse of the Day...

An error occurred.